1. Meeting Time / Pick-up
Your registered time is also your arrival/pick-up time – whether you want to meet us at our shop (Mittelweg 11, CH-3812, Wilderswil, free parking available), or you would like to be picked up.
- We have multiple locations across Interlaken to pick you up from and you’ll receive a confirmation email detailing all the information you need to meet us for your skydive.
- Should you wish to visit our office personally, we’d be delighted to welcome you. You can find us at Mittelweg 11, CH-3812, Wilderswil.
- You can also reach out to us at +41 79 588 90 00 or via email at email@example.com for any further queries or assistance you might need.
Due to numerous pickups with our van, we might be a little bit late – but we ask for your punctuality.
2. Weight and Height
To participate in a parachute jump, good physical/mental condition is the fundamental requirement. At Skydive Interlaken, we prioritize the safety of our clients above all else. Therefore, we reserve the right to decline a client’s request to make a jump if we have valid safety concerns, even if the specified safety limits are met.
While meeting the defined safety criteria is essential, our team of experienced professionals carefully evaluates each individual’s readiness and suitability for the jump. If any safety concerns arise during the assessment process, we may decide to withhold permission for the jump to ensure the well-being of the client and all involved.
Weight: 90.0 kg/ 198.0 lbs or less.
BMI: 27.5 or less.
Weight: 100.0 kg/220 lbs or less.
BMI: 30.0 or less.
Guest Height: Max. 195cm / 76″
3. Age and Children
For those under 18 years, we need the consent of the parents. There is no upper age limit if you’re in good health.
Children: Minimum age is 12 years. Skydiving with children/young people is usually no problem, as long as they decide. In addition, the children/young people should be big enough for the harness.
We take safety seriously, and ensuring that all participants meet the minimum age requirement or have appropriate parental consent is an important aspect of our safety protocols.
This policy helps us ensure a secure and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. If you’re planning to bring anyone under 18, please have their parent or legal guardian provide the necessary consent before the scheduled jump.
4. Experience Required
We provide a short basic training session that is conducted before the jump. This training is essential for all participants and will be carried out with the assistance of your designated instructor. During the training, you will receive vital instructions on the proper body positioning, communication signals, and safety procedures necessary for a successful and enjoyable tandem skydive.
At Skydive Interlaken, we prioritize the safety and comfort of our clients, and this short training session ensures that you are adequately prepared for the exhilarating experience ahead. Our experienced instructors will guide you through every step of the process, allowing you to feel confident and at ease during your tandem skydive.
We look forward to providing you with an unforgettable adventure in the skies!
5. Medical Conditions
- The basic requirement for a parachute jump is a good physical condition
- It is essential to disclose any medical conditions or concerns to the skydiving facility before considering participation
- If you have concerns, please consult with your doctor before attempting a skydive to ensure that it is safe for you to do so
- Participation in jumps is not permitted for pregnant individuals
Skydive Interlaken maintains the authority to decline a client’s jump request in the presence of any concerns
The entire process of tandem skydiving typically takes between 2 to 3 hours. This time frame includes various stages from your arrival at the dropzone until you safely land. Here’s a breakdown of the approximate timeline:
- Arrival and Registration: Upon arrival, you will need to complete the necessary paperwork and registration process, including signing waivers and providing any required documentation.
- Pre-Jump Instruction: You will receive a comprehensive safety briefing and training session conducted by your tandem skydiving instructor.
- Gear and Equipment: You will be provided with the necessary skydiving gear, including a jumpsuit and harness.
Boarding the helicopter: Once the pre-jump training is complete, you will be driven to the heliport where you will then board the helicopter.
- Helicopter Ascent: The aircraft will ascend to the jump altitude, giving you a chance to enjoy scenic views and build anticipation for the jump.
- The Jump: When you reach the appropriate altitude, you and your instructor will exit the aircraft for the exhilarating tandem skydive. The freefall portion lasts for about 45 seconds.
- Parachute Descent: After the freefall, the parachute will be deployed, and you will enjoy a gentle and controlled descent under the canopy. This phase lasts around 4 to 7 minutes, offering you breathtaking views.
- Landing: You will touch down safely in Grindelwald, guided by your instructor, completing your tandem skydiving experience.
- Return transport: The return transport is free of charge. Please note that we try to bring the whole group back together. We thank you for your patience.
Please note that the actual duration may vary depending on factors such as weather conditions, the number of participants, and the specific skydiving facility’s procedures. It’s always a good idea to plan for some extra time to accommodate any unexpected delays or adjustments to the schedule.
7. No Drugs or Alcohol
Maintaining a clear mind and body is crucial for the safe and enjoyable experience of skydiving. It is vital not to drink alcohol or consume drugs before the jump, as these substances can impair judgment and coordination, which are essential for a successful skydive.
We refuse customers we believe have consumed drugs or alcohol.
8. Is Tandem skydiving safe?
Tandem skydiving is widely regarded as an exceptionally safe activity, especially when conducted by certified and experienced instructors. The utmost attention is given to maintaining the highest safety standards through rigorous equipment maintenance and regular inspections. With certified instructors at the helm, prioritizing your safety is their topmost concern, as they provide expert guidance throughout the entire skydiving experience.
While all adventurous sports inherently carry some level of risk, tandem skydiving is designed to minimize and manage these risks effectively. By strictly adhering to safety protocols and taking necessary precautions, participants can fully enjoy the thrill of skydiving with confidence, knowing that their well-being is well taken care of.
9. What is physically required to tandem skydive?
Tandem skydiving does require a basic level of physical fitness, and participants should be in good overall health. It is essential for individuals to be free from most medical conditions that could potentially be aggravated by the experience of skydiving. The physical demands of the activity, including the force of freefall and landing, may put some stress on the body.
Before engaging in tandem skydiving, it is crucial for participants to honestly assess their health and any pre-existing medical conditions they may have. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional if there are any concerns about the suitability of skydiving based on individual health conditions. The safety and well-being of participants are of the utmost importance, and being in good physical health contributes significantly to a safe and enjoyable skydiving experience.
10. How high do I jump from?
The altitude of ⁓14,000 feet (approximately ⁓4,000 meters) is a standard altitude for many tandem skydiving experiences. This altitude provides an exhilarating and unforgettable freefall experience while allowing ample time for the parachute to be deployed and ensuring a safe landing.
During a skydive from ⁓14,000 feet, you can expect to enjoy an adrenaline-pumping freefall that lasts for about 45 seconds.
Once the freefall is over, the parachute will be deployed at a safe altitude, typically around 5,000 to 6,000 feet. This altitude gives you several minutes to glide gently under the canopy, offering breathtaking views and a serene experience as you approach the landing area.
11. What do I wear?
When preparing for tandem skydiving, it’s essential to wear comfortable clothes that are suitable for the weather conditions of the day. Please note that you are able to wear your own clothing during the jump, but if you prefer we have jumpsuits available.
Here are some recommendations:
- Comfortable Clothes: Opt for clothing that allows you to move freely. Loose-fitting attire, like t-shirts, sweatshirts, and athletic pants or shorts, is ideal. Avoid wearing restrictive clothing that could limit your movement during the skydive.
- Closed-Toe Shoes: Wearing closed-toe shoes is a must for safety reasons. Athletic shoes or sneakers are highly recommended, as they provide proper support and protect your feet during the landing process. Hiking boots are not recommended.
- Layers: Depending on the weather conditions, it’s a good idea to dress in layers. This way, you can adjust your clothing to stay comfortable throughout the experience.
- Avoid Accessories: It’s best to avoid wearing accessories like jewellery, scarves, or hats during the jump, as they could get in the way or potentially become lost.
As mentioned, we will provide you with a jumpsuit that you have the option to wear during the experience. This jumpsuit serves multiple purposes, including providing an extra layer of protection and enhancing the overall skydiving experience. In the colder months, we offer gloves and buffs.
12. Can I bring my own camera to film my tandem skydive?
For safety reasons, all camera work must be exclusively handled by the instructor during tandem skydiving. Tandem passengers are not allowed to carry their own cameras or recording devices.
13. What happens if the weather is bad on the day of my tandem skydive?
Should weather conditions become unfavourable, rest assured that your tandem skydive will be rescheduled for a later time/day, or cancelled and fully refunded.
At Skydive Interlaken, we prioritize the well-being of our participants and closely monitor weather conditions, making responsible decisions based on strict safety guidelines. Waiting for suitable weather conditions is essential to guarantee a secure and truly enjoyable skydiving experience for everyone involved.
Undoubtedly, the dynamic mountain weather presents a challenge, and despite our best efforts, we can never be entirely certain of its behaviour. Given the ever-changing conditions, there remains a possibility of encountering clouds or rain during the jump.
We understand that this experience is unique to every person, therefore we are very flexible in dealing with postponements
14. Is it easy to breathe while skydiving?
Breathing during a skydive is a surprisingly manageable task. While the initial sensation of freefall might momentarily take your breath away, you’ll quickly adapt to the experience, and breathing will come naturally. Our skydiving instructors will provide thorough guidance on maintaining a relaxed body position, ensuring you can breathe comfortably throughout the entirety of the jump. With their support, you can focus on savouring every moment of this thrilling adventure with ease.
15. How do I mentally prepare for skydiving?
Feeling nervous before the jump is entirely normal, but engaging in positive self-talk can help alleviate anxiety. Remind yourself of the comprehensive safety measures in place and place your trust in the expertise of your experienced instructor.
Before taking the leap, take a few deep breaths to centre yourself and remain calm. Visualizing a successful jump can boost your confidence and help you feel more at ease. Remember that skydiving is a thrilling adventure that countless people have embraced safely, and with proper preparation and guidance, you too can savour the exhilaration of this extraordinary endeavour.
16. What should I eat before jumping?
To fully engage in this thrilling activity, it’s advisable to be well-hydrated and have a light meal beforehand, as the adrenaline rush can be intense. Keeping a clear head and being physically prepared ensures that you have full control of your actions and cognition, which are necessary for a safe and memorable skydiving experience.